Thursday, October 4, 2012

With All The Colors of the Wind

I've always loved this song and had done an index card over the summer with some of the words. A couple of weeks ago I saw the Pocohontas sticker in a discount aisle and bought it. The left side of the spread came together rather quickly. My idea for the right side was a rainbow page with the words. I used chaulk to do the rainbow but I didn't like it so I layered on some paint to cover that and some blue alcohol ink. I liked the background at that point but I thought I needed more. I looked down at my table and saw the freezer wrap paper I had used to cover my table. The colors were there and I just ripped it off and glued it down. I didn't like it at first but I came to like how the blue swirl at the top almost mimics the necklace on Pocohontas. I took the index card I had made during the summer and cut it up and layered that on top.
(Remember, clicking to enlarge is a whole lot better.)

No comments: